Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shakeology

Okay so I’ll admit that when I first heard about Shakeology a long time ago, I thought it wouldn’t be for me.  There was no need for me to have a meal replacement, I would just eat a healthy well-balance meal.  I drink protein shakes any day that I go to the gym and I tend to get enough protein throughout the day.  So why would I need Shakeology?  Well.. did you also know that I’m slightly addicted to coffee?  Almost everyone knows that I need my morning cup as soon as I wake up or I am not a happy person.  I tried to always stick to one cup per day, but that didn’t always work.  Some days I found myself drinking two or, if I was really tired, three cups.  I did one of those “tea detoxes” last summer.  Awful.. absolutely NOT worth it.  I would never recommend them because although they were tasty, I never felt the same as I did with coffee.  It was also supposed to help with bloating and did not help at all.  I looked the same on day one as I did at the end.  And I found myself counting down the days until I could get back to my morning bliss.  Anywho…
I decided to give Shakeology a try after seeing so many great results from groups I was in on social media (granted I know I don’t really need to lose weight, but I do want to get toned).  And they had just release a CafĂ© Latte flavor – sounded delicious!  So I ordered it and couldn’t wait to give it a try.  I will be honest, when I first looked into the nutrition, I thought that it had more carbs than I would prefer in a meal replacement.  But after I started drinking it, I realized why.  To give me energy!!!  I have not had a drop of coffee in a week… A WEEK!  That is insane, people.  And I have so much energy!  Now I know I won’t stay off of coffee forever, but to not be relying on it is a blessing.  I also never got the headache that comes when you don’t drink coffee, added bonus!  I’ll also be honest and say that my body was not used to Stevia.  I not only don’t use artificial sugar, but I don’t really eat much sugar (unless in the form of a chocolate bar or the occasional baked good).  I definitely don’t add it to my coffee or tea or anything like that.  So it took me a couple days to get used to it, but now my body doesn’t seem to notice.
I’ve tried a few of the recipes that came with my bag of Shakeology.  Honestly, it’s super tasty with just water or a cup of unsweetened almond milk.  But if I want something a little more substantial, I’ll add in half of a frozen banana or a tablespoon of natural peanut butter.  I’ve also done a teaspoon of honey.  I may explore a couple of the other recipes, but when I have a couple of good “go to” ones that are easy it is hard to change it up.  What I truly love about Shakeology is how easy it is.  After a rough morning workout, I need to be able to shower and get out the door for work.  I can just put a scoop of Shakeology in water in my blender cup, shake, and go!

I cannot wait to try a couple other flavors!  I’ll review those later!

No comments:

Post a Comment