Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back in Action

So I have been the worst blogger ever, it's been over a month since my last post.  Part of the reason is because I have really been slacking with my running.  I did my first official race on October 20, 2012.  I had originally signed up for the 10K, but I didn't feel prepared.  So when I went to pick up my bib, I switched to the 5K.  My friend was doing the 5K, too, so I figured she wouldn't be waiting around forever for me to finish my race.  I hadn't run in a week or two before the race so I wasn't expecting a great time.  My time was okay, just over 34 minutes.  It was definitely fun running on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.  And I got my first medal for running, which was a great experience!

In training news: my friend decided to make up a challenge of running 3 miles a day in November.  Knowing that I have do start actually doing my long runs, we decided that I could just do a total of 90 miles in November.  I did three miles on the first.  Yesterday I did 5.25 miles!  It was cold and I didn't walk at all!!  I was so proud of myself.  I kept up an awesome pace (for me), of about 10:30.  I definitely could have gone longer, too, but it was getting dark and super chilly.  I definitely need to start wearing my gloves (which I just found last night while I was organizing my closet) because I could barely move my thumbs when I was finished.
I think I've given up on the gym and kickboxing.  I haven't been there since the beginning of August.  It's just too late at night (7:30-8:30) for me to want to get back up once I relax after work.  I'd probably like to have the treadmill available once we get some snow, but I'll just have to figure something out.  I'm obviously still going to need to train.  I will still have my membership until December, though, so we'll see what happens.

In personal news:  I met a great guy. :)  He came with me to my cousin's wedding on October 27th.  He fit in pretty well with my family.  And he loves Disney, how awesome is that!  He actually did a college internship program there a couple years ago.  So I think I've convinced him to run a Disney half with me at some point.  He would have done the Princess with me if it was a mother/daughter trip.  So right now we're shooting for Disneyland half in September.  That way I could get my Coast to Coast, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment