Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blizzard Jonas 2016

Sometimes all we need is a little snow.  But there are other times it is just entirely too much snow.  It's hard to tell exactly how much fell at our house because of the drifts, definitely 2 feet, if not more.  Sadly, my parents were supposed to visit last night through today but there was no way they would have made it.  Not sure when they'll make it down next.  Andrew and I took the morning to relax, which we both needed (especially him since he shoveled twice during the storm on Friday to get a head start).  We decided that we wanted to finish setting up the dining room since we painted it last weekend.  The furniture was put back in place and then we hung a clock we've been dying to put up for months and a wine rack.  That inspired us to hang a couple other pictures and canvas painting around the house.  And it also made me want to reorganize the kitchen.  In all fairness, I've been wanting to do this for a while, so the inspiration from the wine rack was the push I needed.  I feel like I've been using the kitchen for almost a year and I know what works and what doesn't... does anyone ever feel the need to reorganize often?

The snow comes at a bad time, though, because I just got new running shoes in the mail.  I want to try them out, and I don't own or use treadmills currently.  I think today I'll try them during a home workout to get an idea if I like them, but running will be the ultimate test.  My right arch still irradiates me on some days and these new shoes seem to have really good arch support alone, and I'm adding in custom insoles so hopefully that doesn't the trick!

I'm hoping I can get out to go food shopping today.  I was hoping to start 3 Day Refresh tomorrow!! I'm thinking that  I may have to push it to Tuesday, which happens to be Andrew's birthday.  I feel bad I'll be doing it on his birthday, but he doesn't like to make a big deal about that day anyway.  We just have plans to go to Fogo de Chao on Friday night, his favorite!

I have been drinking Shakeology since Thursday.  I'll admit... I was a little skeptical since I'm already a healthy eater and use protein shakes almost daily.  So far I am in love!  The Cafe Latte flavor is amazing!  It''s like a tasty cold  latte if just shaken with water, and like a frappuccino when blended with ice.  Yesterday I mixed with water, almond milk, banana, and peanut butter... OMG heaven!!  I can't wait to try a bunch of new recipes with it.  AND  I have not had coffee since my cup Thursday morning.  That is a huge deal for me, the person who needs at least one cup daily.  But I've been having a cup of tea instead (mostly for the warmth).  I'm not saying I'll forever give up coffee, but it's nice feeling like I don't need it every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment