Thursday, August 9, 2012

Disney Here I Come!

Plane tickets are purchased.  The hotel is booked.  I'm all ready to head to Disney in February!!  I'm so excited, but really nervous for the half.  I definitely need this vacation, though (it's only been about 5 years since I've been on a vacation)!

Last Friday night I went to my parents neighborhood and ran 3.1 miles and then went for a 15 minute swim.  I did my first mile faster than I intended, and that's something I really need to work on.  It was a 9:16, which is awesome for me, but at the same time I need to think about longer runs and I can't start that fast when I'm increasing my mileage.

Field hockey on Tuesday was good, scored my second goal in outdoor!!  As long as we have the subs, I really don't mind being a back/middie now.  I get an awesome workout doing that!  I'm thinking I may count my games as my runs.  I only have like one left unless we make playoffs.  Then indoor will start in September, and I've heard talks of another outdoor league in the fall.  If that happens then I'll have two games a week which means two awesome workouts!

I really need to get back on track with my running, though.  I'm just really struggling with the idea of getting up before work to run, but it's finally starting to cool down so I think I'll be okay.  I'm thinking of skipping the gym tonight for a run and swim.

I also think I'm trying those green smoothies.  My friend started because her neighbor did really well with them.  She told our other friend about it and now she wants to try them.  So I think we're going grocery shopping today after work.  I've been at such a plateau lately that I just need something to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment