Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Field Hockey

The last two field hockey games have been amazing for me!  I'm not one to brag, but I definitely think that I've gotten better.  Everyone on the team says I do a good job, I love getting the compliments, but I'm just so hard on myself I wonder if they're just saying it to say it or if it's actually true.  I've left the comfort of defending my circle and goal and have been pushing up to a defense/mid position.  It's strange because I kind of don't know how to act once I cross the 50, but I like it.  I almost scored last week, but was just outside the circle (darn it), but in my defense the lines were poorly painted on the field.  And this week, I redeemed myself!!  Scored on a corner in the first half! :)  I'm so proud of myself.  I still think I prefer to defend over playing offense, but just because that's what I'm comfortable with.  It sucks because I only have two more games of outdoor and then it's back to indoor in September.  And while I love indoor, I think I'm better outdoor because I love to drive the ball and I know I'm good at that, but you can't do that indoors.  As long as I get to play, though, I'm a happy girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment