Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Major Slacker Here

With the end of summer camp and the start of the new school year.  I feel like I've been so busy.  This extends to my blogging and my training.  I have not been to the gym in a month!  It started out with doctor appointments, a class to take for work, and other odds and ends.  Then I just got extremely lazy and once you get out of the swing of things it is so hard to start back up again.  I thought a friend was on board to go last night with me, but I didn't hear from her until it was about time to leave for kickboxing, and at that point I was over it.  I've been running once or twice a week, most of the time.  I did sign up for the 10K in October!  I realized I really need to get back on track since that's in a little over a month.  I think I'll be okay for that, though.

We made it to the first round of playoffs in field hockey.  We had to play the first place team, so I knew it was a long shot, but we did surprisingly well and were winning the entire first half.  It was a good season.  I'm signed up for 2 leagues for the fall - indoor on Sundays and outdoor Monday nights.  That should be interesting.  It starts this Sunday, with a double header!

I am so excited that it is almost fall!  This is my favorite time of the year.  Not only is the weather awesome but everything is pumpkin - coffee, cookies, pie, I love it all!  I also can't wait for Halloween, I have to start making my costumes for work.  I have never been pumpkin picking or carved a pumpkin, so my goal this year is to definitely do that!
Along with fall comes football season is here and I couldn't be happier!  I spent Sunday on the couch watching all day.  I also made dinner (this does not happen often) for a friend's birthday - Hawaiian BBQ Chicken in a crock pot with rice and broccoli and funfetti cupcakes decorate as footballs for dessert! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment