Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Did that just happen?

Monday I was planing on going for a run after work.  It looked so dark and scary outside and the weather channel said there was a 50% chance of rain.  I decided to skip my run (I know, I know..), and of course it didn't rain!  Just my luck.
So yesterday I got home and was ready to hit the road!  I wanted to try a different route and I wasn't sure how long it would be, but I knew it had to be around 5 miles.  After the last run with my friend, I knew I could do at least three miles without stopping so that was the goal.  The first mile was pretty easy.  Mile two was a little difficult, the mile-barrier I had to push though!  Mile three was pretty easy, so I decided to keep on trucking.  I went for 5 miles straight.  Let me say this again... I ran 5 miles without stopping!  My pace started out at 10:20 something, and every miles went up around 10 seconds.  I was determined to finish with under an 11 minute pace - 10:58!
With today being National Running Day, I know I'm going to have to get out there and do some kind of run.  I'm thinking of keeping it short since yesterday was a long run.  There's also the Philadelphia Rock n Rock half marathon coming in September.  And if you sign up today you get $20 off!  I'm really considering it, but I have to make up my mind asap!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I remember my first 5 mile run. It's such a great accomplishment and you will keep adding to the distance now. I would love to do the Philadelphia race too but hotel stays make it a little more expensive than I would like since we are saving for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete