Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back to Reality

So I had a nice Fourth of July.  I went for a late morning run, I didn't expect to do well since I haven't run in a couple of weeks, but it wasn't too bad.  I just wish I had brought something to drink because it was hot outside!  I went 2.21 miles and walked about a mile home because I couldn't take the heat, but it was something, right?  I went over to my parent's house and laid in their pool for about an hour.  Then showered and went back over for dinner.  This morning feels like Monday morning all over again.

I've looked through a couple of training plans since I've decided to run the half, and I think I finally found one I like.  The main thing is, I don't want to give up kickboxing for running, I want to be able to do both.  This one happens to have cross training or strength days on the same days when I take kickboxing!

I've been really good this week with my diet and exercise, so tell me how I've gained weight, and 2 pounds at that!?  I'm going to tell myself it's muscle.  Tomorrow is the weigh in for my work's Biggest Loser, part of me is hoping that number today is wrong and tomorrow will be back to normal.
I'm trying to eat much healthier than I was before, shooting for close to clean eating.  Do you think that could make my body act weird and retain excess shenanigans?

But in better news - less than a week until the sign up for the Princess half!!  I was talking about it with a friend yesterday, I'm just hoping she can come up with the money for the trip (she's in grad school).  At dinner my mom and I were discussing it as well.  We're deciding on what days to go down there because she hasn't been in about 15 years, so we definitely want 3 or 4 days for the parks.  Would you guys suggest going to the parks before or after the race?

No comments:

Post a Comment