Monday, July 16, 2012

Birthday Weekend

The weekend was just what I needed.  I woke up Saturday with an alarm in attempt to go for a run.  I had a big internal debate, but decided against it in the end.  It was my birthday weekend, and as much as I enjoy running and knew that I should have gone, I wanted to relax.  The weather started to scare me and my friends coming from home said that it was raining, but it cleared up after we had lunch!  The six of us headed to the beach and the weather was great, cool and just a little cloudy!  We went back home after a few hours, had cake (red velvet - my favorite, and decorated like a tie dye mickey - couldn't get more me), and three of the girls headed home.  The afternoon consisted of naps, TV, pasta dinner, and getting ready.  We went out to Atlantic City, the Mountain Bar in Bally's because it's fairly cheap.  Stayed out until 4AM, haven't done that in a loooong time!  Good thing all I had to do Sunday was go to the beach!  I escaped the entire weekend without getting sun burn - score!
Came home and headed to my parent's house to have dinner with the family.  Saladworks and homemade Peach & Blueberry Cobbler!  Got the cutest card from my niece.  My brother and sister-in-law got me an outfit for running, and in my favorite colors (and apparently my brother picked it out on his own, good job).  My parents got me two Pandora charms (that I picked out with my mom), new running shoes (but I have to exchange them), and my plane tickets for Disney!!!  All in all - best birthday I've had in a couple of years!

No comments:

Post a Comment