Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today's the Day!!

Well it is registration day for the Princess half, a day I know a lot of us have been waiting for!

I am so thankful to have a wonderful, amazing, and awesome mother who has graciously decided to pay for my registration for both the half and the 5K!  My grandma was in town for a week and she's been in and out (mostly out) of work and knows that it was hard on me.  Once worked calmed down from all the usual morning craziness, she told me that she had talked to my dad and they decided that she was going to do this for me.  I love her with all my heart and I'm so happy that she's going to Florida with me and participating in the 5K!

I've been debating with the idea of doing a race beforehand.  Not only is there the possibility I could be bumped up to a different corral because of the time, I also think it'll help the nerves subside a bit.  As much as I would love to do the Hershey half in October, it's not practical because of the travel distance.  So right now I'm really considering the Atlantic City marathon race series in October.  It still gives me plenty of time to train.  Now the question is whether to just go for the 10K or try the half!

This is also the first week of my training!  I'm going to try and follow it the best I can!  I love Jeff Galloway, but I'm going with Hal Higdon's training program.  12 weeks.  I can do this!
Yesterday was a Stretch & Strengthen day so I went to Kickboxing.  Amy and I also inquired about getting a personal trainer, so we'll see the cost of that.
Today was a 3 mile run which I did this morning!  I have my first field hockey game of the season tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment