Monday, July 9, 2012

Busy, Busy Weekend

Friday I went and visited my college roommate, who I haven't seen in over a year!  It stinks that life gets so busy that I can't even see close friends unless they live close (she's an hour and a half away).  And she definitely gave me a boost in confidence because when she opened the door she told me I looked great!  It was so good to just sit and talk with her.

Saturday I got up early with the intention of an easy, short run.  The weather was supposed to be over a 100, so needless to say that it was hot at eight in the morning!  I picked up my two friends at 10 and we were off to Philly to get our packets for The Color Run.  I dislike the city, especially driving in it and now I think my friends know to not let me.  Packet pick up was fast and easy and we were home in no time.  Dropped off my Brian because he had to go to work.  Amy and I hit up shop rite and then headed to my parent's pool.  We made a Skinny Poolside Dip that we got off of Pinterest.  It was super easy to make - just cream cheese, ranch seasoning, corn, olives, peppers, jalapenos and we used wheat thins to dip.  We gossiped and swam and had a few more drinks than we probably should have. :)


Brian came over so we would all be in the same place for the morning.  I set my alarm for 4:30AM - yikes!  I finally rolled out of bed around 4:45 and got ready quickly.  I put on a pot of coffee and started making pancakes.  I love making pancakes, it's the one thing I know I can make well.  I woke them up around 5:15, we ate, and they got ready.  And we were out the door around 5:45.  The city was filled with people in white clothing.  We walked around for a couple of minutes and then got into the starting line.  I'm not sure what time we actually started.  Brian left us and ran almost the whole thing and we ran for a total of maybe 7-10 minutes.  I know I could have done more, but you never leave a friend behind especially during a fun race like this!  We had so much fun!!  I would do that every weekend, including waking up that early for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment