Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekend Runs

Maybe posting about being a slacker got me motivated.  I rarely run on the weekends, but this weekend I ran Saturday and Sunday!  Saturday I had a family party at the shore, and of course I ate entirely too much.  After everyone left I laid down for a half hour and then told myself that I needed to get my butt in gear.  I forgot how nice running in Brigantine was, that's where my running journey started 5 years ago.  It's a different atmosphere and the people are so friendly.  I did 3 miles.  Sunday I woke up and felt like I could go for a run again, but I only brought one outfit with me.  When I got home and did that lazy thing around the house then forced myself out the door around 7:00PM.  By that time I had already lost motivation but I knew I'd feel better if I went.  I only did 2 miles, but I told myself it was 2 more miles than I would have done!
I got a huge blister on my heel, so I skipped this morning.  It was painful doing kickboxing in just my socks last night.  But none-the-less, I have field hockey tonight, which is always a great workout because I do a lot of spirits.

I'm debating signing up for a 10K in October.  I feel like it would ease my nerves a bit about the race in February.
I also saw that The Color Run is coming to New Jersey (about 1 1/2 hours away from me, though) in September.  Thinking about that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment