Friday, April 13, 2012

Mother Dearest

When I told my mom about wanting to the the Disney Princess half marathon, immediately she wanted to take the trip with me to cheer me on.  We both have been wanting to go back to Disney, but it's hard to take vacations together because of the whole working together thing.  The last time I was in Disney was my senior trip back in 2006.  And then last time, I think, my mom was there is when I was in the 4th grade, so that was 1998.  We're definitely due for a Disney trip and this would be the perfect opportunity.

My mom always talks about losing weight and her choice of exercise is walking.  She can't really jog or run because of her knees and lately has been having issues with her foot.  So I suggested her working towards the Tangled 5K, and just walking it.  She seemed excited!

So last night I went to kickboxing again.  And this time I was excited to go, the way it used to be!  It was such a good class, I was drenched in sweat and loving every minute of it. :)  I used muscles that I haven't used in a while and I'm still feeling it today.  I absolutely love that feeling!  We had a little birthday party for the instructor afterwards.  People brought snacks and food and cake (not the best idea after working out, but it was really nice).  I skipped the cake and had some veggies, cheese & apples, and these amazing spinach balls that I will be making ASAP!

I had to come into work later today since I have to close, so I decided to try and get up and run before work.  I usually have this idea but don't follow through, so I didn't know how it would pan out.  I, surprisingly, woke up before I usually would to go to work!  I ate a little breakfast and had my coffee, sat down and watched a show on the DVR.  Then I hit the road.  First ten minutes/mile were great!  And then it went downhill from there.  I don't know if it was the fact that it was my first morning run and my muscles weren't warmed up or if it was the fact that it was cold outside (around 33 degrees), or maybe it was a combination.  I walked a lot more and it wasn't because I was breathing heavy or had a side pain, it was more like my muscles just didn't want to function the way I wanted.  Next time I think I'll do a short walk beforehand to get into the groove and hopefully that'll help.  I also don't think I want to do anymore morning runs when it's this chilly outside, I'll save them for the summertime when it's too hot to run after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment