Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You Can Do It


This came in the mail today! I’m excited to try out his training plan!

Yesterday I got Jeff Galloway's book, You Can Do It, in the mail!  I'm so excited to start his training plan in a couple of weeks!
I browsed through the book yesterday.  The run-walk method is a genius idea.  I was always under the assumption that everyone that participated in races ran the entirething.  On a good day I can go 4 miles without stopping, but then I feel like I want to fall over.  So adding walks on purpose will definitely help.  I’m very intrigued with the nutrition chapter.  I like to say I have a pretty healthy diet, but I’ve been slacking a lot with that lately.  I want to know how to fuel my body properly.
For the next couple of weeks I’m just going to continue running as I usually do.  When I feel more comfortable I’ll start with his weekly training plan.  I’ll start at week 6 or 7 because that’s the mileage I’m currently at.  So in about 30 weeks I should be able to run 13.1 miles.  Let’s hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment